Thursday 27 February 2014

Peanut Butter, Banana and Chocolate Ice Cream



I am a bit distracted with the whole collapsed greenhouse issue to focus on gardening although I've already started some seeds - I hope to get caught up on some gardening tasks this coming weekend.  In the meantime, I have a few posts that I put together during my winter hiatus and here is one of them ... I'm not sure why, but I am more likely to make home-made ice cream in cooler months rather than the summer time.

I had seen a two-ingredient recipe for ice cream with nothing but peanut butter and frozen bananas.  But I thought I'd make a real ice cream with those same ingredients, along with a touch of chocolate.  The cream cheese was something I had on hand and thought it would add a bit of creaminess but is obviously a small enough amount that it isn't necessary.

I use my little Donvier hand-cranked ice cream mixer for this. But if you don't have an ice cream mixer, you can still get a reasonable texture just by pouring the ingredients into a container and freezing it.




Ingredients:
2 heaping Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp cream cheese
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup 10% cream
1 square semi-sweet chocolate
3 bananas (mine were previously frozen, but thawed)







Place all ingredients in a food processor or a high-powered blender and blend until creamy.  Process in ice cream maker.



No comments:

Post a Comment