Sunday 9 August 2015

Roasted Parsnips and Carrots


Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sugars and they can almost taste like candy.  Well ... an adult version of candy, so not like a Snickers bar so much.

Here are the basics.

Take 1 pound of parnsips and a half pound of carrots.  Cut them so they are close to the same size so they will cook evenly (my carrots were pulled from the garden as part of a "thinning" exercise so were pretty tiny).

Toss in a bowl with olive oil, S&P.  Some recipes include a bit of honey, but I think they have enough natural sugar.

Bake at 400 degrees Celsius for 30-40 minutes until tender.  Garnish with fresh parsley.  Enjoy the wonder of roasted veggies!




2 comments:

  1. Roasted veg are a favourite around here. I've never had parsnip, that I can recall anyhow. It's on my list of veg to grow...hopefully I'll be able to squeeze it in next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roasted vegetables too. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete