Sunday 23 March 2014

Geraniums: Wintered Indoors in Pots


I was thinking of putting up a post a few weeks ago asking if anyone knew what needed to be done for geraniums that were brought indoors for the winter.



But then one bloomed all of a sudden and so I figure no action is required on  my part.


And another one coming soon ...



I had started geraniums from seed last year and managed to get 5 plants from the 8 seeds I had purchased ($4 for 8 seeds).  Although they were transplanted into larger pots, I never did get them into the ground.  But these aren't really the thick, bushy types of geraniums people use as borders in gardens.  I suspect I'll just leave them in their pots.

This one has a bonsai-style going on ...



But I'll still ask the question in case it's not as easy as this ... should I be doing some sort of maintenance on my geraniums to prepare them for the new growing season??  Any advice would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment