Sunday 21 July 2013

Birds Attacking Windows



I'm starting to get very annoyed with the stupidity of birds.  For the past few months, I have had a red cardinal knocking its face against my bedroom window for 20-30 minutes at a time, several times a day.  It most often occurs at 6am (especially on weekends) ... no need for an alarm clock.

Yesterday, while sitting in the yard with some friends, I saw a robin attacking another window of the house.  And this morning, some other bird (haven't figured out what kind yet) starting throwing itself at my backyard window.

From what I've read (and discussed with others), this is a territorial attack; the birds sees its own image and believes it to be a challenger in the territory. If I block the windows with something, they would not see their reflection anymore, but it also kind of wrecks my view.

Darn, if I had held onto my Rob Lowe poster from the nineties, I might be able to prevent this annoying experience.  Sigh ...












No comments:

Post a Comment