Sunday 31 March 2013

Venison Sausage on Bun

   

I'm lucky to have some friends who hunt deer, and I am often given cuts of venison.  I had a couple of venison sausages in the freezer given to me by my friend, Paul, who also made the sauerkraut (thanks again, Paul - and while I'm at it, a huge thanks to Rick for the generous gifts of venison as well!).


A quick and easy lunch ... just brown one side of the sausage in a frying pan, turn over, toss in some onions, sweet peppers and sauerkraut, then add some beer or water to the pan - cook on medium-high for about 10 minutes.  When the liquid cooks away, continue cooking another minute or two to brown the sausage and onion/pepper/sauerkraut mix. Throw it all into a bun with some mustard, and there you go ...




No comments:

Post a Comment